Thursday, October 26, 2006

WORLD VIEW - An Introduction

Recently a friend asked me to discuss my “World View.” I found that a surprising request. It just seems to me that in all my experience as a teacher, writer, and facilitator of discussions, I have never heard anyone speak of his/her “world view.” In fact, I rather think that most people don’t have any idea what a “world view” is. By that statement I am not accusing anyone of being stupid. What I understand about world views leads me to think that while everyone actually has a world view, for most of us it is quite buried, either in our subconscious or unconscious mind. This makes it very difficult to actually state it in so many worlds. Still we all function in the world based on that very world view.

Therefore, since I function both as writer and teacher, it is important for me to attempt to write about “world view” with the intention of both clarifying my own view as well as acting as a clarifier of the idea for anyone who might stumble onto this blog site. I always hope to both inform and inspire.

In my judgment, a world view is a very complex entity indeed. All sorts of factors contribute to its totality. For most people it may not be important to identify those contributing factors; as for me, I like to recognize all the factors and conditions that have led to the present “me.” I hope that through the various discussions to follow, others may find insights from which to gain better self understanding as well. It is always a matter of free will and choice. One can practice being the objective observer of oneself; or just go with the flow, as they say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home